Arsenal Football Club’s Stadium Management department is responsible for all operational aspects of Emirates Stadium, the Club’s Hertfordshire training facility, the club’s Academy in north London and its headquarters located at Highbury House.
The team’s work includes security, stewarding, property and facilities management and all matters relating to supporters’, staff and visitors’ health and safety.
The primary purpose of this role is to work as part of a team in the maintenance and general upkeep of the Arsenal Training Centre at London Colney.
Key Responsibilities include maintenance of the amenity landscapes, including hand and ride on cutting of grass, strimming around trees, sprinklers, hand digging borders, gardening such as disposing of cuttings and debris, hand weeding sensitive areas around plants where chemical control is not permitted etc
Duties would include the wide use of machinery in renovation of grass areas, such as use of turf cutters, edgers, scarification, seeding, stone buriers and seeders, and tasks would include:
- Pedestrian and ride on grass cutters on football pitches and surrounds
- Watering plants and other associated areas with hand held equipment
- Assisting in the renovation of pitches using equipment associated with this process e.g. tractor and trailer work, sand spreading
- Marking out pitches
- Helping out with deliveries, manual handling of bags of sand, soil, fertilizer bags and seed bags ranging from 20-25kg
- Cleaning equipment stores and associated wash-down areas
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
Obtained an NVQ level 2 or above in green keeping and groundsmanship, or equivalent.
Spraying certificates PA1, 2 and 6 is desirable but not essential
Previous experience of using a wide range of turf care equipment. For example cylinder mowers, a wide range of renovation equipment, as well as hedge cutters, strimmers and all equipment associated with amenity landscapes etc
Previous experience in all aspects of grounds keeping for both playing surfaces and amenity landscapes
Prior experience of carrying out other duties in relation to the general upkeep of a training facility
- Ability to work not only as part of a team as well as be able to use own initiative
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the latest health and safety legislation especially when using equipment
- Mechanical knowledge, such as dealing with mower breakdowns and routine maintenance on equipment
- Flexible but professional attitude in carrying out other duties and tasks relating to the general maintenance of the training ground
- Meticulous approach to work when attention to detail is essential
- Good communication skills when dealing with members of staff along with coaching staff
- A passion or empathy with sport/sports entertainment
Hours of work
Your normal basic week is Monday to Friday plus evening and weekend work as required; a total of 42.5 hours per week, including one hour for lunch.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Closing Date: 10/10/2019