Dennis and SISIS have announced key dates and locations for their 2018 bowling green maintenance seminars.
Committed to educating greenkeepers and raising the standards of bowling greens, Dennis and SISIS have long supported the sport of bowls. Their bowling green maintenance seminars continue to go from strength to strength with delegates praising them for helping make an improvement to their greens.
The informative, educational and interactive seminars combine insightful seminars and practical tips while a number of industry experts also take to the stage to discuss a wide range of key topics.
Attendees can expect tips on early spring maintenance of bowling greens, grant funding support, and choosing the correct grass seed. A complimentary lunch, which signals the halfway point, offers great networking opportunities before attendees make their way outside to an on-the-green demonstration. The demonstration not only provides a perfect opportunity to see some of the sport’s best maintenance equipment in action but also brings together the morning education with the practical elements of applying it to the greens.
In the afternoon, delegates can gain a greater understanding of chemicals and fertilizers before the day concludes with the hugely popular Turf Clinic Q&A session – allowing attendees to ask advice about their own projects or any issues that they may have.
The seminar schedule can be found below:
- April 17th – Herne Bay Bowls Club, Kent
- April 18th – Townsend Hook Bowls Club, Kent
- April 24th – Exonia Bowls Club, Devon
- April 25th – Oxford City & County Bowls Club, Oxford
- April 26th – Ye Olde Knowle Bowls Club, Solihull
- May 15th – Hunmanby Bowls Club North Yorkshire
- May 16th – Roundwood Sports & Social Club, Rawmarsh
- May 17th – Tadcaster Magnet Sports & Social Club, Tadcaster
All seminars start with registration at 9am.