There are just three months left for BASIS Professional Register members to collect their allocated CPD points before the points year ends.
Stephen Jacob, BASIS CEO, explains that to maintain their status on the Professional Register, members must collect a set number of BASIS CPD points by 31 May 2019.
“There is a multitude of different ways to collect points before the deadline, including everything from visiting exhibitions and trial sites, to attending conferences and technical seminars, as well as reading publications and newsletters,” he says.
The number of points each member must collect depends on their qualification and membership category. For example:
- Certificate in Crop Protection – 40 points
- Certificate in Crop Protection with FACTS Certificate – 50 points
- FACTS Certificate only – 20 points
- Certificate in Crop Protection (amenity horticulture) – 20 points
- Certificate in Crop Protection (amenity horticulture) with FACTS Certificate – 30 points
BASIS Registration Limited:
- Offers a range of recognised qualifications for people working in the plant protection, plant nutrition and related sectors
- Operates an annual inspection scheme for more than 800 UK pesticide stores to ensure storekeeping operations present minimal risk to people and the environment
- Manages the professional registers of more than 10,000 qualified advisers in the plant protection, plant nutrition and public health pest control sectors
- Operates the Amenity Assured standard to raise and maintain good practice in the amenity and industrial pesticide sectors
- Provides a forum for industry bodies and other stakeholders to ensure how professional standards are maintained, improved and promoted
- Works closely with industry, the regulatory authorities and governments to promote and develop professional standards.