The friendly membership team are looking forward to some face-to-face time with both familiar and new members. You can:
- Get a photograph taken, for new members – or update an old one….(are you really still a baby faced, curly haired cherub?)
- Update your details and we can take payments for membership as usual.
- Make sure you are getting all the benefits of BIGGA membership
- Grab a free coffee in in our ‘Greenkeepers – Members Only’ coffee lounge
In the Health & Wellbeing Area, we have:
- Action on Hearing – get your hearing tested during the show
- Skcin – offering skin cancer prevention top tips
- Andy’s Man Club – find out about peer-to-peer support groups for men
- MIND – providing advice and support concerning mental health
- Xact Health & Safety Advice – invaluable!
- Prostate Cancer – all the information you need on signs and symptoms
- BIGGA Benevolent Fund – information available on BIGGA’s own charity
Learning & Development
Stuart Green, Head of Member Learning will be available to discuss all elements of BIGGA’s Learning and Development offerings, including:
- Toro Student of the Year
- The Jacobsen Future Turf Manager’s Initiative
Also we will have Tony Martin, Golf Recruit to answer your CV and interview queries and Mark Skinner and Tim Bamber, PGA to discuss the Level 5 Golf Club Managers Diploma. Stuart and Tony will be delivering talks, throughout the show, in the BIGGA Theatre, located on the BIGGA stand.
Come and chat to Fiona and Emma at the GTC about all your formal greenkeeping training and educational needs including Apprenticeships and work related qualifications. You will be able to view and purchase the highly acclaimed Training Manual, Learning Materials and Health and Safety Wallchart – a must have for all clubs.
City & Guilds will also be on hand to discuss the new End-point Assessment process for Apprentices and Employers (in England) as well as providing advice and guidance on how to become an Independent End-point Assessor. They will be delivering a talk on ‘Taking on an Apprentice’, in the BIGGA Theatre, which is located on the BIGGA stand.
Ecology & Sustainability
James Hutchinson, BIGGA’s Membership Services Manager for Ecology and Sustainability will be on hand to give advice on woodland management, wildflower meadow development, holistic water washdown pads and general wildlife guidance. James will be talking about all things ecological in the adjacent theatre on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10:30am
Are you getting the best from your online BIGGA benefits? Members who are registered to use the members area of bigga.org.uk have access to special offers, information and resources that are not available to the general public. Come and talk to us about your web preferences and get help to access the online services on your phone, tablet or desktop if you haven’t already. Absolute novice or digital whizz, our friendly team would love to meet you.
The Job Shop
View some of the latest jobs advertised with BIGGA. Use the QR code to view vacancies, take a photograph of the job that interests you or take away a paper copy. All our job adverts are on bigga.org.uk and we share them on our social media.
Come along to our series of ‘bite-sized’ talks designed to boost your career. All the talks are free and only last 20 minutes. No booking required, so just turn up and take a seat!
Vote for the Best New Product and for The Best Stand – only on the BTME 2019 app. To download the app – head to the store on your Android or Apple device and search for BTME 2019.