An exciting opportunity has become available due to a restructuring within the Grounds Maintenance department at Watford Football Club.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Head Groundsperson to be a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing a pitch maintenance programme and to ensure delivery of excellent playing surfaces at the club’s training ground based in London Colney.
The role will be based on a 40-hour week which will include evening, weekend and matchday hours and will be based at our training ground facilities in London Colney, however there may be a requirement at times to work at our Vicarage Road Stadium.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Training Grounds Maintenance Team to be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Pitch Maintenance – Procedures including but not limiting, mowing, marking, aeration, fertilising, scarifying, frost cover application, top dressing, seeding and pitch light maneuvering/maintenance.
- Equipment Maintenance – Goals, ball stopping nets, advertising boards etc
- Machinery – Greasing, cleaning, setting up, oil checks and visual checks before use
- Liaising with first team/academy coaches and managers
- Ensuring the safety of all playing surfaces
- Adhere to club’s health and safety procedures
- Manual lifting above 25kg
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
You must have:
- NVQ level 2 Sports Turf or equivalent.
- Experience at working at a football club and working to the requirements set by the governing bodies i.e. The FA, PL or EFL.
- Experience of managing a small team of grounds staff.
- Experience of maintenance of football pitches to professional standard.
- Spraying certificates.
- An understanding of the FIFA laws of the game into the Field of Play.
- Appropriate knowledge of fertiliser application to sand based pitches.
- The ability to manage a team to achieve end goals.
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a team and using own initiative.
- Willing to work unsociable hours which will include evenings and weekends and have a flexible approach to tasks and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of the club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding.
- Full UK driving licence or ability to travel various locations due to the demands of the role.
For the full job advert, click HERE.
For the full job profile contact HR Admin at [email protected].
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Assistant Head Groundsperson
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
Location: Watford Football Club – Training Ground, London Colney
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing Date: 7pm, July 6, 2022
- Please download and complete an application form located on the club website under the Careers section.
- Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to [email protected] or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
- If you require information in regards how to complete the application form please refer to ‘Application Form guidance notes’ which can be found on the club website under the Careers section.
- Please note depending on the role and if shortlisted, reference request may be taken up prior to interview.