The position of Head Greenkeeper has become available at Eastbourne Downs Golf Club. The course is situated high on a plateau of the South Downs, overlooking Eastbourne.
This position may suit a Deputy Head Greenkeeper looking for promotion. We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to lead our hard working and committed team of Greenkeepers.
Previous team management skills are not essential, but we seek someone with the character and skills to take responsibility for decision making and leadership of the Greenkeeping team.
Candidates must have good Greenkeeping skills, agronomic knowledge, an understanding of H&S, COSHH, and legislative matters. They must be self-motivated, a natural leader and ability to train and guide staff.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, be progressive and driven.
The successful applicant will work closely with and report to the Grounds Manager and will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the course as well as implementing the strategic plan.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to advance in the Greenkeeping profession.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies.
- NVQ Level 2 in Greenkeeping
- NVQ Level 3 (or willing to undertake)
- Ambition to drive and develop themselves and others
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to working hours
- Good communication skills
- Maintain programmes in place including spraying plans and records
- PAI, PA2 and PA6 spraying qualifications
- CS30 and CS3 I chainsaw qualifications (desirable but not essential)
- Good understanding of Health & Safety relating to golf course operations
- A first aid qualification or be willing to undertake training
- Hold a full driving licence
To apply please send your CV and covering letter confirming why you would be suitable for the role to: Danny Negus, Grounds Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 10th September 2021.