Leicester City have an exciting opportunity to join their award winning Sports Turf and Grounds team as the department begins building a staffing structure to support the operation of its new World Class training facility.
This role will offer the candidate the opportunity to manage a team and a dedicated area of the new facility ensuring that the highest standards are adhered to, protocols are followed and the team is led by example as we push to ensure this world class facility meets the needs of all players and staff.
Overall Objective: To aid the Pitch Manager and other 1st Assistants manage the day to day operations and running of the site. To aid in managing staff in your area of responsibility and planning to produce high quality surfaces for all squads using the training facility.
Key tasks include but not limited to:
- To produce daily/weekly plans that outline tasks and maintenance applications that can be delivered to all members of staff within your area of responsibility.
- To work alongside the Pitch Manager to produce the pitch allocations that can be delivered to all coaches at the training ground.
- To Liaise with coaches on a day to day basis and communicate with them on how best to use and preserve the playing surfaces in your area of responsibility.
- To work alongside the Pitch Manager and other 1st assistants to effectively plan for short- and long-term turf maintenance.
- To aid in the daily management of staff in your area of responsibility with job delegation both as a group and individually, whilst being aware of individuals needs and capabilities.
- To set a high standard for yourself and other staff members in Health and Safety across the workplace at all times.
A detailed job description can be found here.
Closing Date: 28th February 2022
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with the subject 1st assistant pitch manager to:
[email protected] (please include your current salary and notice period)