Job Title: Grounds Manager
Reporting To: Head of Grounds/Managing Director
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €25-30,000 per annum (depending on experience following the recommended industry standards)
Location: Varied across Dublin and Wicklow, Ireland
Working Hours: Summer (April to September, 40 hours per week), Winter (October to March, 30 hours per week – flexible)
To contribute to and maintain first class sporting facilities in Ireland in a meaningful way that puts Sports Clubs and Organisations at the centre of our business.
GM By Choice is a landscape management company specialising in sports grounds, primarily cricket and rugby.
The Grounds Manager is responsible for managing, organising and assisting with the preparation and maintenance of playing surfaces at various venues, with a particular focus on ensuring that these facilities are maintained at a sufficient standard for professional, semi-professional and amateur sport.
Reporting to the Head of Grounds, the Grounds Manager will be responsible for ensuring playing surfaces are maintained, prepared and presented at the highest possible standards using the latest turfcare machinery, equipment and techniques.
As part of the Grounds team within GM By Choice, you will:
- Maintain playing facilities to include cutting, verticutting/scarifying, divoting, spiking and in-season renovations
- Prepare playing surfaces to include rolling, pitch marking, covering and training/match-day setup
- Lead and guide groundstaff as required enabling the smooth running of operations
- Maintain health and safety in the workplace and comply with company procedures and guidelines
- Be responsible for all other duties consistent with grounds preparation at high standard sporting facilities
- Maintain key relationships with the Head of Grounds, Operations Manager and Groundstaff
- Ensure your day-to-day actions and interactions are inclusive and contribute to a culture of trust and respect
Your Skills and Experience
At GM By Choice, we value both your skills and experience. It is our preference that you can demonstrate the below attributes:
- Ability to work in a team and on own as required
- Possess a passion for sports turf maintenance, particularly cricket pitches
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with a willingness to learn new techniques in an evolving industry
- Understand the seasonal nature of the role and the need for flexibility to work longer hours which will include evening, weekend and bank holiday work
- Experience and knowledge in the preparation of sports turf pitches essential
- Experience preparing cricket pitches is desirable but not essential
- Possess a clean Irish/EU/UK driving license
- Understand the current health and safety regulations relating to sports turf management
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 qualifications desirable but not essential
- Cricket Ireland – High Performance Centre, Abbotstown
- YMCA Cricket Club – Claremont Road, Dublin 4
- Pembroke Cricket Club – Sydney Parade, Dublin 4
- Monkstown Rugby Club – Sydney Parade, Dublin 4
- Merrion Cricket Club – Anglesea Road, Dublin 4
- Oak Hill Cricket Club – Kilbride, Co.Wicklow
- Dublin University – College Park, Dublin 2
We undertake additional consultancy work for a range of different clients across Ireland and Northern Ireland.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday February 11th 2022.
GM By Choice will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, and membership of the Travelling community.
We encourage you to apply if you think you are a good match. We will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.